problem running norton windoctor.

nicks75

Solid State Member
when I try to run norton windoctor it says "norton windoctor is unable to correctly identify the version of this operating system due to another application hooking and modifying the win32 version functions. Norton windoctor will now terminate." Anyone know how to correct this problem?

ARE YOU RUNNING ANY OTHER PROGRAMS IN THE BACKGROUND SUCH AS ANTI SPYWARE ANYTHING LIKE THAT.CLOSE ALL PROGRAMMES THAT APPEAR IN THE SYSTEM TRAY THEN GIVE IT A TRY.
BUT NORTON CAN BE AKWARD AT TIMES I DECIDED TO GET RID OF IT AS IT CAUSED THAT MANY PROBLEMS. HOPE THIS HELPS.
MSI ATX CASE MSI kt3 ultra2 motherboard AMD 3000+ Barton core CPU 2.17 GhzTHERMALTAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool) 256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE 1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 clATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD) WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER REALTEK NETWORK CARD REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND 6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET 1 X 7200RPM 80GB MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVESPLIT 3 X 10 GIG FOR WINDOWS 1 X 50GIG BACKUPS1 x 40GB DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVERUNNING 2 x WIN XP HOME 1 x XP PRO SPLIT 1 X 10 FOR WIN XP PRO 1 X 30GIG BACKUPS1 X MSI CD RW/DVD ROM 1 X TDK DVDRW MULTI DRIVE 1 X FLOPPY 1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER

That seems rather dodgy to me...

Have you updated and ran the virus checker resently?

Im up to date on the updates. I do have adaware and xoftspy but I dont see any processes running from them.

Back
Top Bottom