problem with router

gib65

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have had a wireless router serving two computers in my home network for almost a year now without problems. Lately, however, it's been going on the fritz. At least once a day, I've had to reset it because no computer in the household could connect to the internet. I know it's the router because I've tested everything else (restarting both computers, releasing and renewing IP addresses, pinging outside sources, running diagnostic tools, etc.). I even plugged my laptop directly into the modem (bypassing the router) and had no problem surfing the internet that way.

I'm sure the router is not overheating. It's sitting on a well ventilated stand with no other electronics near to it. These conditions haven't changed lately so why would it suddenly start causing problem now just from overheating?

Usually, when this happens, and overheating is not an issue, I see no choice but to buy another router.

Before I do this, however, I want to be sure there isn't some other way of troubleshooting the problem. Can anyone lend some advice?

I have had a wireless router serving two computers in my home network for almost a year now without problems.

Is it a DLink router by chance? I've run across problems with the DLink WBR-2310 router caused by a new firmware upgrade, reverting backwards helped a bit, but I ended up switching my DLink for a netgear and haven't had a problem since.

You're in lucky mi amigo :)
I had the same problem with my Linksys Wrt110. Like literally the same problem. To fix it I upgraded the firmware :) Damn Linksys wanted me to pay them to do it!!
Ha!
Google how to do it, it will tell you step by step:)

Yup! You guys are right. Upgrading the firmware has kept my router running without interuptions for 5 days now.

Back
Top Bottom