Problem With QuickTime Plug-In In Firefox

acphenom

Daemon Poster
Okay, i'm not sure how this came about, but for some reason, when i visit sites which use flash player files, like .swf, the QuickTime plug-in loads, with a broken icon.

I have tried clearing cookies, cache, disabling all QuickTime browser plug-ins, uninstalled it, uninstalled it completely, and then installed it again, with little help.

After every attempt to fix it, i've refreshed the page, with still no luck.

Any suggestions?

why not try downloading quicktime from apple and installing it straight up rather than through firefox plugin

No, no, there is no standalone QT plug-in for Firefox - you have to download it and install the whole thing. I just can't seem to get .swf files to be handled by Flash Player, as it should be.

Well ... try to download SWF and others from the website and try if you can find it download the plugin in Firefox.

Your not alone:
i cannot get it to work either i have tried more or less everything for it too, It may be a bug that needs reporting im not sure ill have to look into it.

Great! I mean, sorry to hear that. lol

I can't install any plug-ins in Firefox though, cause it thinks that QuickTime handles the .swf content.

I can't even try right-clicking, cause that brings up the QuickTime menu.

Back
Top Bottom