Problem with Norton 360 and Email

mjb1

Beta member
Hi , this is my first time here.
I have been having a big problem with Norton and receiving email, it was working just fine until an update about 6 weeks ago, now I have to turn of email scanner in Norton to get my mail, Have contacted Norton several times but no luck with them.
Also I am not able to send mail to my sister, this started happening Monday this week, I have been sending mail to her for 4 yrs, this is the message I get.
host mx4.uk.tiscali.com said: 550 mail
not accepted from blacklisted IP address
Any help would be great
Thanks

Dump Norton! is about the first thing you will hear from most right off the top. That's an intrusive software that provides headaches for users. Norton is rated at the bottom along with McAFee.

One thing you can try there is creating a "safe list" in your contacts list. If you previously blocked spam coming through the same ISP all mail is blocked if you choose the block domain option. A safe list will allow for exceptions.

Like Dodge sad "Dump Norton!"

It is a huge hug on your computer resources and its a bad AV overall! If you curious what is the best one well there are 2-3 that people consider good, but for the most part and I hope people will agree with me here when I say its "NOD32" just Google it!

If you don't want to pay (even though it's well worth it for NOD32) completely remove Norton and install AVG, its the best FREE AV software.

Because I haven't used Norton in the last 4 years I don't know any other ways to help u here m8.

Cheers

I ran McAFee then Symantec System Works some time back and said "no way" to those. Norton Ghost has a good rep for a drive tool but for the rest...?

The latest 8.0 build for the AVG free version is seeing something new with Grisoft having bought up Ewido and now seeing antirootkit protection as well as IE security toolbar. Have a look at 8.0. http://free.avg.com/ww.download

Back
Top Bottom