problem with my graphics card and heatsink

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i am having a problem with my graphics card and chipset heatsink,when i installed a new heatsink since the stock ones sucks and always make it go up to like 60-70 degrees C, and i bought a new one, and the highest it gotten was about 50 degrees C.
the problem is that when i install my graphics card, it pushes the chipset heatsink down, and puts pressure on each other since the heatsink was too high, it was the only heatsink that will fits in the pin slots on my mobo. i moved the heatsink down and the end of the chipset is about 1 mm away from the end of the heatsink, and the graphic card fit, but i dont think that i could even fit a piece of paper between the card and heatsink.
i got a second slot of PCI-E x16, but it says that it operates x2, while the first slot operates at x8 and x16. and i dont want to buy a new graphics card that will give me less performance and framerates, and my friend wont switch with me (he has the 8600 GT) which was smaller, and dont want to buy a new mobo either since i only bought it about 2 months ago. and might get an 8600 GT XXX.
so im thinking of putting my x1950 on the second slot but i dont want major performance drop. i want the heatsink to be in the center for better cooling.
so heres the question, if i put my graphic card on my second pci-e x16 slot which operates at x2, will there be any major or any performance and framerate drops?
and no, due to my mobo having a bad configuration from the manufacturer, and not able to run SLi, i cant configure anything to make the second pci-e x16 at x8.
thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom