Problem with My Games

T-Doit

In Runtime
Ever since I got my new GeForce 5500 Video Card, whenever I play Rome: Total War, it lags. When I had my Geforce 4 64 MB Video Card it didn't lag at all, wat is the problem?

yea ummm i hope u installed the drivers? windows will install one when u put it in but its crap download one...or use cd

I know this sounds extreme but you could reformatting windows could just be a corup file somewere. But much more likely if you didnt install the new drivers with your new card (silly boy :p) then your probebly havnt installed the new drect x Google search Driect X 9.0c and go download it should be alright then

Let me know :)

im having a similar problem and i can't figure out why, when i play close combat (rts) it gets really laggy after i play a couple games, but im not having problems with any other games that are a lot more intense, maybe somebody can help me too...

Download the driver .Direct X 9 and yeah....ohh if thats not workign like he said do a clean windows instal.....

Could it by any chance be the video card itself? the 5500 isn't exactly that new, and isn't that Rome game that 3D new one?

You could try lowering down settings in this case. Lowering the resolution in Options of the game to put less work on the video card.
Then you could try lowering down detail and texture settings until you get it going smooth.

If it has a different 3D Rendering option, to maybe use Direct 3D/Open GL, try switching what it was on since the opposite might work better on that card. I don't know the game so I'm not sure about this.

I hope this helps :)

Hmmm yeah, I didn't notice the fact about the 64mb card... I have no idea then, sorry :(

By lagging though, do you mean its freezing and going slow? Or that its running at 59-60fps all the time and no higher?

If its the 2nd option, try turning off Vertical Sync in options and try again

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom