Problem with my computer

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Well, I've been having some problems with my computer for a while now. At first, the computer would only stay on for a few seconds before kicking off. I though that it was the power supply. Well, a power supply I tried didn't work ether, so I plugged my original back in. For some reason, it started working. I guess it was the cord plugging in to it was loose *sigh*

Well, I go to boot my computer up and everything spinning, fans blowing, everything looks okay...but the monitor. The monitor doesn't appear to be recognizing the PC. I figured that sense I left my computer without power overnight, everything was wiped. I know the battery should back everything up, but this is an old computer (somewhere around 4 years old) and never had the battery replaced.

I'm using a video card even though I have video built into the mother board. I switched between the two hoping that I'd do something right, but no go.

Any ideas on what I could do?

when you boot your PC does it make a beep?
because the beep means its found a video device and its started to send signals to the monitor, listen for a single beep....

ACES WILD said:
when you boot your PC does it make a beep?
because the beep means its found a video device and its started to send signals to the monitor, listen for a single beep....

No beeps at all. It just starts up like normal, except the monitor doesn't appear to be recognizing the PC.

thats why, our PC should beep every time, try putting that new PSU in again, and trying it, when this happened on a build I was doing, it was the PSu that was the problem, did you overclock the proc too high by accident, thats what i did, I burned out the Aux plug on the PSU, If you dont have another PSU just make sure everything is plugged in TIGHT on the board.

ACES WILD said:
thats why, our PC should beep every time, try putting that new PSU in again, and trying it, when this happened on a build I was doing, it was the PSu that was the problem, did you overclock the proc too high by accident, thats what i did, I burned out the Aux plug on the PSU, If you dont have another PSU just make sure everything is plugged in TIGHT on the board.

No overclocking at all. I shut my computer down and went to bed. I got up the next day and it wouldn't start. I believe it was the power cord because it looses connection with the Power Supply if it's shifted around too much. The "New" power supply was a power supply from my college. My instructor keeps a bunch of them, broken and working, in a cabinet. He tested it and said it was working, but it didn't work when I tried it. I guess I'll try it again just to make sure.

Something may be loose. Go over to your cpu HSF and make sure it is plugged in. Also make sure that your montor cable is secruly fastend to your video card.

Okay, I've tried it with both Power Supplies and got the same result. The Monitor still doesn't appear to be recognizing the PC. I turn it on and everything sounds good. No beeps, Hard Drive kicking on, fans spinning, everything appears to be fine except for the monitor. I'm going to borrow my brother's monitor to see if something happened to my monitor.

It should Beep! one single Beep, you should hear one unless your case doesnt have a speaker in it, (almost everyone does). NO beep = no output. If its not the PSU, maybe its the CPU, it could be toast, or maybe even the MOBO. but somethings toast for sure, unless something isnt connected right....

Back
Top Bottom