problem with Multimedia Audio Controller

yexusbeliever said:
Exactly!

I go onto this site and see all those details of the VT## Southbrigde. I am lost?????!?!?!?! Which one am I supposed to pick?

Technically I have two sound cards in my computer. There is one that comes along already attached into my motherboard. And there is one that my friend gave me. How do I know which driver is the one for the sound card my friend gave me???

In Everest go to Motherboard / Chipset right at the top of the page it will have something like this...

Device Description

North Bridge: VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800
North Bridge: AMD Hammer IMC
South Bridge: VIA VT8237

The South Bridge VTXXXX is the bit you have to match up with whatever yours is.

You cannot run a soundcard and AC97 audio chipset at the same time. For the sound card to be the main sound device you will have to disable the AC 97 in the system bios.

I see. I got the sound card in the motherboard working. But I did not get the sound card that my friend gave me in which I place onto the PCI slot. That one did not work. How can I get that one working? How do I get the driver to that one?

yexusbeliever said:
I see. I got the sound card in the motherboard working. But I did not get the sound card that my friend gave me in which I place onto the PCI slot. That one did not work. How can I get that one working? How do I get the driver to that one?

What's the name of the sound card, use Everest to find this out. Now remember what I said in the quote below...

You cannot run a soundcard and AC97 audio chipset at the same time. For the sound card to be the main sound device you will have to disable the AC 97 in the system bios.

Back
Top Bottom