problem with macaffe personal firewall!

well in that case i think that it should definetly be my last option!
Q: if i bring my laptop to a computer store, and ask what i could do, do you think that maybe they would be able to help me person-to-person? perhaps destroy only those certian files?

danagol said:
well in that case i think that it should definetly be my last option!
Q: if i bring my laptop to a computer store, and ask what i could do, do you think that maybe they would be able to help me person-to-person? perhaps destroy only those certian files?

i can not tell you if a computer store would be able to fix this for you or not..i imagine they probably could fix it by doing the same troubleshooting methods we mentioned above for you to do, only they would charge you for it. i would suggest you do it yourself for free, but if you want to go pay a computer store to do it for you, then you could do that too.

another suggestion for you to try: maybe you could try reinstalling the program over what's left of it on your system in an attempt to repair the uninstallation files, then go back in and uninstall it.

thebigdintx said:
Dell's F-11 system restore will allow you to restore your computer back to the exact way it was when you first got it. You will have to re-install any programs you have added since then, and you will loose whatever data you have on stored your computer (photos, music, etc....so back them up first to cd's or dvd's).

here's the info link on dell's site... http://support.dell.com/support/top...7E7957E35BBC0E030A68F27280D16&c=us&l=en&s=gen

Well, you can go back as little as a week or so, depending on how long you have had issues with McAfee Firewall. But do back up your data before restoring your computer, as it basically ghosts your hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom