Problem with LCD Monitor. Not leaving "Sleep/ Standby" mode

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Well, i opened up my computer the other day to install and extension cord for the 8-pin ATX plug. I install it...closed up the case, powered on the machine and the computer runs like it did before, but my monitor now doesn't come out of standby mode....aka i don't see anything on the screen, but there is a small light flashing which it does indicating standby mode.

So i think the cable might be faulty, so i un-install it and plug everything back in exactly how it was before i opened it. I turn on the PC, and it runs as it did before...but again the monitor still does the same thing.

I am clueless as to why its not working now. I was playing on it perfectly fine before i went about installing the cable...and now i'm at a loss at how to fix this.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? i can't supply more info on what i did...cause exactly how i wrote above...i simply touched one cable in the entire PC, no other piece of hardware...so i'm abit lost.

Someone please help me out. Computer specs below, Monitor is the Samsung T220 - 22" using the DVI adapter.

might static be the culprit?
what about your drivers?
i would think that i would be the GPU (if you have one)
or your pc itself
restore the whole thing
and see what happens
if still the same deal
then you might what to try another monitor
just to make sure that it works

yup...as soon as i get home i will be trying another monitor.
As for static, the Video card when powered on runs, aka i can see a green light indicating its on...and the fan is spinning. So how would i know if Static is the culprit?

Back
Top Bottom