Problem With Internet

Nitrox2k

Solid State Member
Hey,

I recently had to reinstall Windows XP because when I turned my PC on one day, I got the blue screen saying there was something wrong with my boot_volume. I have reinstalled windows before, keeping all the files, but this time it deleted everything.

This means I have no internet on my PC. What's wierd is, my brother and father still have internet connected to their PC which are both wireless running through my Netgear Router. Normally when the internet is running smoothly, I see a "4" flashing on my Netgear MR814 router, but that is not there anymore.

This happened to me a while ago but sadly, I cannot remember what I did to fix it. I have the CD that came with the router but the only thing on the CD is an Installation Assistant which tells you how to setup the router, ie. leads etc.

I went to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager and I see "USB to LAN converter" with an "!" which I think means it's not installed or there are no drivers installed.

Can anyone help with my problem? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nitrox

The only problem I can really see is that the port number isn't lit up..

In the manual and on the CD all it says is to check the cables are plugged in, which they are..

I think I found the problem..

I need a CD for my USB to LAN converter, which I can't seem to find. Is it possible to download something to install it? I think the brand is Belkin..

It worked :D I installed the driver and it detected the USB to LAN converter, thanks alot.

Back
Top Bottom