Problem with IEEE 1394 and Sony Handycam

fookes

Beta member
Hello,

I recently bought a Sony Handycam HC22E and it did not come with an 'I.LINK' cable (or IEEE 1394, or DV Cable - whatever ya wanna call it) so I bought one (in Spain) and I'm positive its the one. I want to edit the films in the Easter Hols with better quality than a USB cable. The problems are as follows;

- The IEEE 1394 Driver does show up in the Device manager, but nothing happens when I plug in the cable.

- On Windows Movie Maker my film device doesnt show up.

- I am doing everything correctly in terms of the actual camera, modes etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

A :D

Hmmm... Lol, first thing would be to check if your camera is on, got fresh batteries, etc.
Did any software come with your camera?.. I'd try to use that first.

You said it came up in device manager but nothing happens when you put in the cable? How could it come up before you even put in the cable. Well if it did come up in there, try uninstalling the IEEE driver from device manager and reinstalling it. Did any driver cds come with your camera?.. It might be on there.

Yes, yes you don't need to go on about the simpleton mistakes, i manage to avoid those lol.

If its a case of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, how would i reinstall it? Im not very good at this!!!

oh yer...no the software only had a USB Driver and some software...thats installed

Back
Top Bottom