Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod
Default Re: Problem with HD, VIDEO or MOBO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
Ok some of you guys are not stopping to read his posts closely. Skimming over a post is not helpful. You're not picking up on what he's found out.
Now the memory and the drive work fine in another system. So that eliminates them.
The board won't boot and has a series of beeps not listed. This sounds like it's power supply related. You may have low voltages on the 3.3 and/or 5 volt rails or have lost them altogether. That would account for not only the memory testing ok in another system but the HD running ok also in another system as well. The memory runs on the 3.3 while the controller in the HD runs on 5. These rails have to be within tolerance or the system has problems like the poster has stated.
So now put it all back together on the board they came out of and try a known good power supply. If you still have the problems then look to the motherboard as being the source and proceed from there.
And either replace the fan on the northbridge or take it off. A dead fan blocks air flow.

I wouldnt want this guy to go out and spend money on parts he may not need.

I would want to be certain that a peice of hardware is faulty before i spend my hardearned money on it.

and as RAFFAZ said

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFAZ
It could still be the memory, have you tested them in your mobo, some boards just dont like certain RAM. Maybe try your wifes RAM in your computer aswell
It *could* still be the memory,

If he follows my post (#19 ) He will know for sure

LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #22
Baseband Member

LoG, ur post #19 seems to be a wonderful troubleshooting guide...but I dont have the spare parts lying around. I'll try to acquire some parts.

Enix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
Ok some of you guys are not stopping to read his posts closely. Skimming over a post is not helpful. You're not picking up on what he's found out.
Amen
CrossCech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #24
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LambOfGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enix82
LoG, ur post #19 seems to be a wonderful troubleshooting guide...but I dont have the spare parts lying around. I'll try to acquire some parts.

Thanks. hope it works for you.

LambOfGod- Q6600 g0 @ 3.06 Ghz * DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS * Antec 1200 * Rosewill RP550 PSU * EVGA 8800 GTX Superclocked *WD 74GB Raptor * 2 X Seagate 1TB 7200.11 (RAID 1) * 4 GB DDR2 1022 GSKILL 5-5-5-13 * Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Windows XP 64 Bit
LambOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote