Problem with HD, VIDEO or MOBO?

setishock said:
Ok some of you guys are not stopping to read his posts closely. Skimming over a post is not helpful. You're not picking up on what he's found out.
Now the memory and the drive work fine in another system. So that eliminates them.
The board won't boot and has a series of beeps not listed. This sounds like it's power supply related. You may have low voltages on the 3.3 and/or 5 volt rails or have lost them altogether. That would account for not only the memory testing ok in another system but the HD running ok also in another system as well. The memory runs on the 3.3 while the controller in the HD runs on 5. These rails have to be within tolerance or the system has problems like the poster has stated.
So now put it all back together on the board they came out of and try a known good power supply. If you still have the problems then look to the motherboard as being the source and proceed from there.
And either replace the fan on the northbridge or take it off. A dead fan blocks air flow.

I wouldnt want this guy to go out and spend money on parts he may not need.

I would want to be certain that a peice of hardware is faulty before i spend my hardearned money on it.

and as RAFFAZ said

RAFFAZ said:
It could still be the memory, have you tested them in your mobo, some boards just dont like certain RAM. Maybe try your wifes RAM in your computer aswell

It *could* still be the memory,

If he follows my post (#19 ) He will know for sure

LoG, ur post #19 seems to be a wonderful troubleshooting guide...but I dont have the spare parts lying around. I'll try to acquire some parts.

setishock said:
Ok some of you guys are not stopping to read his posts closely. Skimming over a post is not helpful. You're not picking up on what he's found out.

Amen

Enix82 said:
LoG, ur post #19 seems to be a wonderful troubleshooting guide...but I dont have the spare parts lying around. I'll try to acquire some parts.

Thanks. :D hope it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom