Problem booting Win2k (CDr4_2k.sys)

Nimandir

Baseband Member
During the last time my computer was functioning normally, this is what I did (As far as I remember):

1. Visited some websites I always visit
2. Downloaded a SNES Emulator and some Roms
3. Installed Divx
4. left computer on overnight.

Now, one thing I'll say is that this computer isn't new...it's quite dated. So, getting a new laptop is not an answer I'm looking for right now.

I watched some videos on my computer this morning and the computer said I was low on system memory (This laptop doesn't have a lot of memory on it). It was running really slow, so I just unplugged it and it crashed. I turned it back on and I got this error message while windows tries to start up:

***STOP: 0X000000CE (0XF58B02E0, 0X00000000, 0XF58B02E0, 0X00000000)
DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
THIS DRIVER MAY BE AT FAULT: CDR4_2K.SYS

***Address F58B02E0 BASE AT F58B02E0, DATADUMP 00000000 - CDR4_2K.SYS
***Address F58B02E0 BASE AT F58B02E0, DATADUMP 00000000 - CDR4_2K.SYS

I am able to get into safemode, but I can't boot normally.

That problem is talking about Windows 2000 Drivers replacing Windows XP drivers. I'm running 2000.

I removed some recently installed programs and it's still not helping any. Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro

Okay, I fixed it. It was Divx that caused the error. I thought I had removed Divx, but I didn't completely remove it. I used the Add/Remove programs to remove the Divx player and it's other features. What I really needed to do was go to Start<Programs<Divx<Uninstall Divx Bundle to get rid of it entirely. Once I did that, everything started working again.

I thought it was divx from the beginning and removed it, but I didn't remove it all. That's why I've been having such a hard time. Lol, it seems like it's always the little things that cause big problems.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom