Problem booting up

Ok, so I rebooted the computer, and all I can do is get into the setup utility that it prompts me for by pressing F2. Here, I see no indication of a load default/optimal settings option. Is there anything I'm doing wrong with this approach?

Also, I used to have a dell. The same thing your describing came up when I had the boot order to CD and there was no CD in there. When you get to the one with the blue screen and white text, you can go down and change it back to HDD (if that is the problem).

yea alex your right but the new bios uses f2 or at least it does on mine, give it a try though wally..

There are various buttons that can get ya into your BIOS, it all depends on the pc/BIOS manufacturer. Normally F1, F2, F10, Delete will do the trick. F8 takes you to your boot menu for safe mode etc

@wally222, Do you know how to navigate around the BIOS? The keys you use are listed at the bottom. Load optimal settings is normally in the far right menu. At least mine is.

And now I'm stumped. I went into the bios, went to the system log and found nothing of importance. I can also see that it does recognize the hard drive (gives me the specs for it and the brand name). Now what should the boot order be? I just wanna try something different to get this working.

Back
Top Bottom