Problem booting Asus Crosshair 3 formula

elmarkriki

Solid State Member
asus crosshair 3 formaula (brand new)
corsair 750w
ati hd4870 ddr5 1gb
amd phenom 2 x4 95w 3.0g am3
2 x 2g ddr3 1600 g skill f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq
------> Question : f3-12800cl9d-2gbnq for 2 x 1gb is in manual but not 4gbnq 2 x 2gb

is it the problem ?

So your using 2 X 2GB RAM and it states 2 X 1GB in the manual?

I personally don't think that's the problem here cause you 'could' stick 4 X 4GB in this motherboard if you really wanted too.

What's happening when you press the power button?

So your using 2 X 2GB RAM and it states 2 X 1GB in the manual?

I personally don't think thats the problem here.

What's happening when you press the power button?

nothing .. the only moment the fan are starting its when i plug my power suply.. after 1-2 secs all stop and no butoon working.

nothing .. the only moment the fan are starting its when i plug my power suply.. after 1-2 secs all stop and no butoon working.

is it cause my cpu is brand new too ??

You could have a bad stick of memory. I had the same problem once with a brand new cpu/motherboard and memory. It turned out that one of the memory sticks was slightly bent. I returned the bad memory, got a replacement, and everything worked fine. Try removing one stick at a time to see if you can boot then.

You could have a bad stick of memory. I had the same problem once with a brand new cpu/motherboard and memory. It turned out that one of the memory sticks was slightly bent. I returned the bad memory, got a replacement, and everything worked fine. Try removing one stick at a time to see if you can boot then.

okk probably same problem .. i hve try only 1 stick and same.

And check that you have the 8 Pin ATX connector (at the top of the board near the MOSFET heatsink) connected.

Ok.

When you do the RAM test use the (Red) power button on the motherboard and see if that powers up your system.

If the RAM test doesn't make a difference then press the little red button near the big red button. It's marked MemOK! Page 2-5 in the manual.

What case have you mounted the motherboard in?

Back
Top Bottom