Problem

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
Ok, so i have had this problem for quite a while, still havent figured out the problem. Its been restarting when im on random websites. I know its not my powersupply or any temps, i have an abit mobo and it has a monitoring utility.(It even has a program that should tell me what has happened to my comp after it restarts, but it doesnt work) Ive found clues that have lead me to think that its something to do with my memory. I was told to try a couple different memory testers. memtest86, and some other one. I wasnt sure how to read each. The memtest86 said it did 16 tests and supposed had no errors(knowing me i probably did something wrong in the process. So that confused me a ton. Just recently i learned something about my video card, the turbocache feature takes up memory to make the graphics better. So what i would like to know, is if my vcard is one of the possible causes or if its my memory. Im in the process of manual testing each stick. If you think its my memory, id like to give the memtest86 another shot. If its my videocard, i already have a solution. And a walkthrough on how exactly to get the memtest86 on a cd the right way, and how to interpret what its saying to me.

Thanks,
Taylor

Right try this. switch off automatic restarting: press [Windows] + [Pause/Break] to open the System Properties Control Panel. Switch to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Untick the box marked Automatically Restart and click OK. Then next time it happens ya will get an error instead of a restart, i suspect its probably some dodgy driver.

Have ya had a look in event viewer in administrative tools, check in ther for clues.

i have an error that says DCOM. earlier i had a warning, source is W32Time. Almost all the Errors have DCOM as the source.

Ok i went to the website, it said that i probably didnt need, so i disabled it, and yea i checked the rest of those, they are fine

Back
Top Bottom