Problem...

jkp77

Solid State Member
Hi..
I have a question in regard to my computer...
I went to install a printer and got halfway thru the set up when I realized the USB cable was not included with the printer. I left the computer in the middle of the set up and didn't get back to it until the next morning.
When I came back to the pc, it looked like someone dimmed the screen, like the light from the screen was too bright, and just dimmed it...
This is not the case. No one touched it, I have tried the dimmer, all the colors... even went through the properties and set everything to default... Nothing.
I have rebooted several times. Let the pc sit for 12 hours or so and still....Nothing.
The monitor is a NEC Multisync 70. 2-2.5 years old...
If someone can shed some light on this it would be awesome.
Thanks,
John
jkp77@cox.net

Well, if the prog. is in the add/remove list in the control panel , i would just uninstall it & re-install it ...

Watching all that goes on during the install....also you could try re-setting the monitor using the (DEGAUS) button, what this does is resets the monitor to default settings...

When you do this, your monitor will do a weird flash thing, this is ok....but, i;m not shure if it's the install or the monitor, that made it that way.

i'm just giving you some options...

I uninstalled all the programs which were not there before. I also tried the DEGAUS button and it did not fix it...
I even restored the system back to a point when I know for a fact it was working properly...
Could it be some kind of problem in the monitor itself? Like some kind of bulb that has burned out?
How could I check this?
Thank you for you time...
John

did you have a screensaver on the monitor when you left it? or did it just stay on the screen you were working on.....it's possible you may have ruined your monitor. Always set your monitor to use a screensaver, but what I like is the power setting, set your monitor to turn off after like 15-20 mins, you won't have a problem

Back
Top Bottom