probably a noob question but w/e

NemesiS_1122

Baseband Member
im getting a new pc soon and i want to know the easiest way to transfer files (like music) to the new pc. without using 5274545 cd's or redownloading all of it. thx

well you could
A) move the hd
B) get 2 usb cables and this software (forget what its called) and transfer them that way. there may be another way to do this but i dont know it.

those are the only ones i know.

just plug old hard drive into new comp! transfer it, unplug old hard drive. piece o cake! and quick

Or you could set up a home network between the two and put all the files you want in a shared folder then get on your new computer and take all of them out of the shared folder and put them where ever.

pull the hard drive from the old computer and install it in the new computer as a slave and then just drag and drop everything from the old hd to the new hd. then if you aren't going to use the old computer anymore, format the old hard drive and use it as extra storage in the new computer.

however....cd's are a good option and are cheap these days. they are good because you then have a permanent copy of all your files that you can keep, in case something happens like your hard drive crashes.

Back
Top Bottom