Probably with my computer

Juice1

Fully Optimized
I have a probalem with my other computer...

When I turn it on it doesnt post.

I tried changing the video card and the ram

So i think its the cpu right?

I turn it on and evevry thing spins and i even hear the hard drive clicking like its loading something

But the screen doesnt come on

BFG tech amd 939 mobo, amd athlon 64 3800+, 1gb ram, nvidia 7900gt oc 40gb hdd

So think its the mobo or the cpu idk

CPU's don't die that easily. Have you made sure all cables are connected? If you've successfully checked the RAM and the GPU and they're not causing the problem, then it's most likely your motherboard.

I've had plenty of dead mobos, they all did that unless they were really dead... lol It will power up, but it's not going to post. Sorry to say, but most likely that's what it is if RAM and video card changes don't work.

I wouldn't know much else to do except maybe hoping a BIOS reset will work. Take out the battery for a bit with the psu unplugged. Put the battery in and plug in the computer, and see if that worked. Do you know for a fact that the other ram and video card that you tried on it actually work? If you have any beep codes you could post them up. Beep codes can tell you what it is.

Otherwise, all I know that will fix it is to replace the mobo...

Yeah I was thinking about the cmos clear yesterday... and i cant remember if i did it. I know the ram works cus its running fine in this dell... and the video card is ok also (i put an old pci card in there to try it out (incase the 7900gt was broken) and it still didnt work.

I really cant recall resetting the cmos, but ill try.

If its the mtoherboard then im never going to use amd again... this will be the third amd mobo to die on me

I had a skt 754 that i sold to someone and it was dead when they got it
And i got a MSI k9n diamond am2 that also fried...
And now my bfgtech 939... conclusion, amd sucks intels ____

I have intel mobos from the 90s still going strong! My living room computer has a intel p3 mobo 768mb ram and it still works great on xp just for basic internet browsing (my mom uses it for checking email and looking up recepies)

AMD motherboards works fine for me. Everyone that I have had is still going. But my Intel Boards are also doing fine too.

Did the CMOS work?

Back
Top Bottom