printing issue HELP!!!
I'm trying to troubleshoot this printing issue a user is having but having some problems, hoping someone here night have crossed this issue...
Using XP, everytime she is trying to print to this particular printer on the LAN she is getting:
Print to File
Output File Name:
Now this is your regular print to file dialogue box that you would get in excel, execpt that it happens in every single application, whether it's office, IE, wordpad etc etc.. every time she prints!! and then it cancels the print job. The print to file check boxes arnt checked.
If she is using a terminal server session she can print to the printer without a problem. Only when she tries to print to it from her local machine is she getting this problem.
Things I have tried:
- deleted and reconnected printer.
- searched through all office apps to see if print to file was checked on anything.
- did a XP Office repair
- logged on as administrator on her machine, still got print to file error.
- tried to print to this printer from another computer, no problems
- logged on to server to print test page to that printer, no problems
It seems like it is a local problem on her machine only, which leads me to think that it is not really the printer that is at fault here, but some settings on her machine..
Has anyone seen this before as it is driving me nuts!?!?!?!