Printer/Scanner problem

bertman911

Baseband Member
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, so if not....could someone please point me in the right direction to try to reslove this issue? Thanks in advance.

I have a HP J5780 All in One printer/scanner/fax/copier. Problem I am having is the ability to scan a document and SAVE it in any type of format (specifically PDF). I was able to do this early on when purchased, but for some reason now I can not. I perform the scan, accept it, and then it goes to save and pops up an error. The error tells me to reboot, or uninstall/reinstall software. I have done this twice now with no resolve. Can anyone help with this issue please. I have searched HP's site and found nothing, my warranty is out by 2 weeks (not that HP tech support is that helpful...) and their online chat takes forever to get in to.

Thanks everyone!

Can you post the error that you are getting word for word so can help figure it out.

Cheers!

Spent 1.5 hrs online with HP tech support. They made me check drivers (updated already), check to see if scanner will work by using XP instead of the scanner itself (it did), and then had me uninstall/reinstall with no antivirus or firewall. All that did nothing. They suggested updating my BIOS (currently V3) for my Dell dimension 2400 (piece of #@!#), but the Dell site would not let me do it for some reason, kept saying web page could not be viewed.

Anyway, the error when I try to scan and then save it to a PDF file (or any file) comes at the end of the process. States there was an internal error and that I need to do 3 things.....1)restart the scanner software 2) reboot and start the scanner software 3) uninstall/reinstall software. Well, I have done all 3 and no dice, so I am at a loss.

At one time I WAS able to scan normally and save as PDF or whatever file I wanted, but now I can not. Cant think of any specific program of anything I have had put on here as of recent.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom