Printer Recommendation

I have always bought Epson printers and never had any problems. Mine print reasonably good quality photos providing I use good quality photo paper. If you print photos on plain paper they will be rubbish. My printers print good quality until a cartridge runs out. That will stop the printer in mid print and waste that paper and ink for that print job. I never ever use Epson cartridges because thay are stupidly expensive I always buy refills of Ebay for cheap. Never had any problems.

That is what I purchased non Epson ink. I used regular paper not photo paper. What causes photo paper look better when printing photographs?

Well photo paper is glossy so it reflects the colours better. when you get regular photographs developed it is, invariably, on glossy paper. when you print a photograph on a printer then the print quality should be set to it's highest level. when you set the print quality to high and the paper type glossy then the printer lays down more ink so the colours are more vibrant and the print uses more dots to make up the picture so printing at a higher resolution. Last but not least ordinary paper absorbs a lot of ink. This tends to make the colours wash out.

An ink jet printer will never give you as good a photo reproduction as a laser and a laser will never give you as good a reproduction as a dye sublimation printer and a dye sublimation printer will never give you as good a reproduction as the chemical processes used to develop an original photograph. With all of that you also have to take into consideration that every time you copy or scan a photograph a small bit of the quality is lost especially if you use lossy file formats such as JPEG. The best format to use is RAW which most high end digital cameras will transfer their files in.

https://photographyconcentrate.com/10-reasons-why-you-should-be-shooting-raw/

Last edited:
OneMarcilV If you're getting streaks, fading, or blotches on your photos then you either have a bad print head or bad cartridges. Most any inkjet printer can print at least an average looking photo.

But obviously quality varies as does the interpretation of quality. If you scan or snap a picture of what your printer is producing we could see if it looks normal or if something is wrong.

How long since you cleaned the head or cartridges. Go to your menu on the display and find both. If you don't use the printer much, they get clogged up and they print weird. Mine likes to print pink when it supposed to be black. Clean the head and cartridges and it starts working like it should. Use photo paper as it will muddy up the picture on plain paper.

How long since you cleaned the head or cartridges. Go to your menu on the display and find both. If you don't use the printer much, they get clogged up and they print weird. Mine likes to print pink when it supposed to be black. Clean the head and cartridges and it starts working like it should. Use photo paper as it will muddy up the picture on plain paper.

Doing what you recommend now. How often does this need to be done?

Depends how often you print anything. If over a month then i would do a head cleaning. If more than say 2 months then both head cleaning and cartridges. Sometimes if i don't print for more than 3+ months i may have to do it twice. It just depends what your usage is. I don't use mine alot. Its a "if i need it" kind of thing.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Another thing is if i remember it i run a piece of paper to wake up the printer. Should do it every month but i often forget. CRS you know....

I have always bought Epson printers and never had any problems. Mine print reasonably good quality photos providing I use good quality photo paper. If you print photos on plain paper they will be rubbish. My printers print good quality until a cartridge runs out. That will stop the printer in mid print and waste that paper and ink for that print job. I never ever use Epson cartridges because thay are stupidly expensive I always buy refills of Ebay for cheap. Never had any problems.

Yep, so do i. They fit with no issues and i get the larger sized cartridges. Get a pack of 4 black and 3 of each color for around 16 bucks. Never had any trouble at all even when it maybe a year before i use one of the cartridges!! In two years i have had to order once. My box here has a lot of cartridges yet. Don't know how long before i use them up.

Here is what he printed photograph looks like after cleaning the head cartridges and nozzle check. The photograph on the bottom is how the printed photograph should have looked.

I purchased 2 sets of the four colours.

IMG_3677.jpgIMG_3678.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom