printer problem

thanks for trying, but no luck, i ran it twice but no joy, if i look in the printer folder it shows something printing.
the printer is not on a network and is connected via usb.
not sure what you mean by run the batch file in safe mode can you explain please and i will do it.

ok i realised what you meant, so strated in safe mode and ran the prog then but still nothing, when you say you have seen what you wanted to see what do you mean, its driving me mad now but i appreciate your help

Follow these steps,

1. Open services.msc and stop the service printer spooler.
2. go to start>Run>Control Printers.
3. Clear the que from the printer settings.
4. Unplug the printer from the laptop/computer
5. uninstall the printer software and driver.
6. download the update software and driver and install again as a fresh copy
7. re enable Print Spooler in services.msc
8. Restart
9. Retry and see if you can use the printer.

let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

ok i realised what you meant, so strated in safe mode and ran the prog then but still nothing, when you say you have seen what you wanted to see what do you mean, its driving me mad now but i appreciate your help

I wanted to see If print spooler was running

followed your instructions at item 6 i downloaded the driver from epson and attempted to install iti was asked to plug in the printer when i did the computer started to search for the driver in windows updatethat failed and asked me i wanted to retry or cancel i retried a few times and then cancelld. so i didnt complete step 6 or even get to the rest
thanks
Bill

you have tried it on other computer or laptop??
if it prints on the other then there is some software problem in ur laptop or some virus which is stopping it to print.. may be restoring windows work.. I do the same when effected with virus as it doesn't get deleted easily.. I didn't find any method to delete it..

yes as i said above it works fine on another laptop, when i bought the laptop it had windows on it so i dont have a disk to reinstall

Back
Top Bottom