Follow these steps,
1. Open services.msc and stop the service printer spooler.
2. go to start>Run>Control Printers.
3. Clear the que from the printer settings.
4. Unplug the printer from the laptop/computer
5. uninstall the printer software and driver.
6. download the update software and driver and install again as a fresh copy
7. re enable Print Spooler in services.msc
9. Retry and see if you can use the printer.
let us know how you get on.
---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------
Originally Posted by billozz
ok i realised what you meant, so strated in safe mode and ran the prog then but still nothing, when you say you have seen what you wanted to see what do you mean, its driving me mad now but i appreciate your help
I wanted to see If print spooler was running