Prime95 stressing too much?

Does anyone know if all the Nehalems will use an integrated memory controller like AMD or just the workstation/server CPUs?

That's a lot of heat for such a low voltage, I presume we're talking about 3.0GHz, is that correct?

Have you checked to see that your cooler is still firmly attached, those push pins can let go.

1.28v is pretty high for 3.0GHz too which will elevate your temps, I'm using 1.24375v to get 3.0GHz, I just happen to have it running on a test too, lol

Yeah it was 3 Ghz. The cooler is firmly attached. I tried going up to 1600 FSB with 8x and 800 mhz memory, but it wouldnt run with windows (not stable). Tried 1.25 to 1.325 system voltage and it would never run stable. How do i adjust by northbridge voltage? I dont know if im doing something wrong. Should i have the FSB and MEM Linked? right now im trying FSB and MEM Linked to 3:2, the MEM is at 893 Mhz and FSB at 1340 Mhz.

UPDATE: Its stable with 1340 FSB (3015Mhz) and 893 Mhz MEM. Memory voltage is put up to 2.1 v and CPU voltage at 1.2875 V. Should i adjust these anymore? How do i adjust the northbridge voltage in the bios? i dont see any option in the bios. I only see CPU Core, CPU FSB, Memory, and nforce SPP in the system voltages in the bios.

2.875 for cpu can not be correct , mine is 1.3 , if yours is really 2.875 ur cpu would be fried

ah, ok if its running stable at that speed with good temps ur fine.
congrats on ur overclock

ah, ok if its running stable at that speed with good temps ur fine.
congrats on ur overclock

Meh, i already had it overclocked. Just messing with it a bit more, accomplished higher memory mhz at least.
EDIT: i brought the CPU Voltage down to 1.25 v, still have to p95 test it again though.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;766669 said:
Have you increased your FSB voltage? As you raise the FSB up you'll need extra voltage for it as well or it will cause instability.

OHHH. Thanks for that tip. I'll try it again now.

Back
Top Bottom