Re: presario c700 laptop bios locked up!!!!!
Well, there's an old trick to bypass BIOS passwords. No guarantee it'll work, and it could potentially screw your system up, so use it only as a last resort. Here's what you do:
1. Remove CMOS battery from motherboard.
2. Unplug PSU from wall.
3. Unplug all power cables from the motherboard.
4. Let it sit for a few minutes.
5. Use a piece of wire to short the two terminals for the CMOS battery socket.
6. Plug everything back in.
7. Push the power button on the computer.
8. Unplug the PSU from the wall, remove the wire from the battery socket, replace the CMOS battery.
9. If everything went correctly, you should be able to boot the computer up now.
This is just an old trick that may or may not work on newer hardware. Again, it should only be used as a last resort, and ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am not responsible if your computer explodes, or catches fire, or whatever else happens. You should probably try to acquire a new BIOS chip before you try this.
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.