Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default presario 1250 problem

I have a problem. I have a compaq presario 1250. I was installing linux on it after i got it from a friend and forgot about the ram partition on the HD. I formated the drive and guess what, i cant suspend to disk now. Anyone know where i can get the files or disks to fix it?

OS: Win XP PRO SP2 | RAM: 2GB | COOLING: Heatsink and fans, not factory | MOBO: Biostar 6100-m9 | GFX: GeForce 8400GS | SOUND: SB Audigy SE | NET: RTL8201 | CPU: AMD Athlon64X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz (current highest OC at 2.15, its a work in progress, will finish during spare time)
---90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.---
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: presario 1250 problem

nvm my ignorance

Old 05-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #3
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

I Think what he means is her formatted the hardrive,so along went the recovery partition,so he cant re-install the original OS that came with the computer.You'll have to contact compaq and order a new set of recover CD's.
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Baseband Member

sorry for not being clear. I was a little annoyed at the time. What I meant to say was that there a a partition for suspend to disk and I erased it when i formated the HD. I am wondering if there is a cd i could use to fix it. I have UBCD and i could probable find a way to fix it with that but i don't have that much time on my hands right now to spend playing with it.
OS: Win XP PRO SP2 | RAM: 2GB | COOLING: Heatsink and fans, not factory | MOBO: Biostar 6100-m9 | GFX: GeForce 8400GS | SOUND: SB Audigy SE | NET: RTL8201 | CPU: AMD Athlon64X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz (current highest OC at 2.15, its a work in progress, will finish during spare time)
---90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.---
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote