power up problems

lee42lee

Baseband Member
Sometimes when I power up my system all the lights and fans will come on but no beeps nor will it boot up. The system will just sit there with lights and fans running until I turn the switch on the power supply off and I may have to do this three or four times before it will come on. Also if I do something that requires a restart it will do the same thing. Could it be the power supply? Any ideas? Thanks for any info.

Lee

Yeah, sounds like a power supply issue. Get a nice one and it'll prolly clear up. How old is this comp? If it's over 3-4 years old, yeah, power supply.

no nothing on the screen. I have a new power supply and I am going to try it now. I will post back with the results.

Lee

me too

I have what sounds like the same problem. Did the new power supply correct the problem. If not I would like to know what did hoping I have the same problem

patti

Nope that didnt fix it. This is the second computer I have this problem with. Does anyone have anymore ideas?

Lee

Ok guys I think it is the power supply. The other I put in helped a lot. It still does it but not half as much. The one I put in is a 350 and I don't think thats big enough for the system. I am going to get a bigger one and try it.

Lee

how old is the MOBO(motherboard)? if it's old it might need a couple of warm up tries. i don't know if that applies to computer parts, i'm just basing it off of when TVs get old they need to warm up for a few seconds before they turn on.

Back
Top Bottom