Power up Problems

BOSCOREO

Beta member
In process of building a nice PC, MB is a Soyo SI-P4I-845PE, CPU is a P4 2.4ghz 533mhz, PSU is 500 watts. My problem is the power supply starts the fans for a sec, and shuts down. Have checked for grounding/shorting probs of MB etc. Even tried a different power up switch. Took to "Experts" who advised it must be the MB as the CPU, RAM, and PSU checked out "ok". Replaced the MB....got the same problem....replaced the PSU...same problem again. Any suggestions on what to try next? If the DDR PC2700 1G memory is bad would it cause the system to power up and down, can the system power up without the memory installed? Could it be the DDR?, if not I am totally stuck for any ideas to fix! Have checked standoffs, connections, case switch, and CMOS jumper. HELP!!!

Will a system power up without the ram installed, if so I've tried to power up with the RAM removed...same thing. Sould I invest in mobo #3? Get away from SOYO and go to Gigibite?

Since there doesn't seem to be an answer, I guess I'll get mobo #3. It must be the Soyo product, never again said the wise man!

wait, i ahed the same problem, it turned out to be a faulty psu, please get it checked!!! i was i checked mine earlier because after a few weeks of having my comp the psu failed and fried my mobo!!! Try another psu in ur sytem if u can!

Back
Top Bottom