power up with google accelerator!!!

solitary110

Baseband Member
The search engine launched the beta version of a solution that will accelerate the online browsing and the loading of the generated searches.

Web Accelerator is a freeware program that runs together with the browser and directs all the searches and web-site requests through Google's searches. The software is compatible with Internet Explorer and Firefox.

The application uses a cache type (or data store) buffer memory on the user's system but also on Google's servers to increase the speed of web surfing, says Marissa Mayer, head of the consumer products department. The application is available only for users with a broadband connection.

The browser's cache is designed for the pages which are pre-loaded according the online activity of a person. The program uses mathematical formulas to establish as accurately as possible what type of content the internet surfer will search. The cache memory from Google's servers contains content from the most popular web sites. This popularity is determined by the general preferences of all Web Accelerator users.

Loading the web pages from the browser's cache or Google's servers is much faster than loading them from the Internet. Moreover, Google compresses the data so the browser reacts faster.

Google estimates the users who spend 20 to 30 hours a week online could save 2 or even 3 hours by reducing the waiting times between sites.

Of course, those concerned with personal information security have already shown their discontent regarding the recording of the users' behavior patterns. According to them, this information should be protected and used only in accordance with the adequate legislation.

Seem's interesting, I will not try it however. If it tsakes me a quarter second rather then half a second I don't care. I doubt it would save that much time, and I wouldn't want my internet patterns tracked. Doesn't many spyware programs do the same thing? Just doesn't seem too smart to me.

Back
Top Bottom