Power supply upgrade!

I'll go with the 1000 watt. This is going to set me up from getting the 295 for another month, haha.

I wonder how well it will fit in my case. I might just go with another 260. Man, upgrading is annoying as hell.

The recommended power supply for a single GTX 295 is 680 watts. The minimum for a GTX 260 SLI setup is 750 watts.

The XIGMATEK 750W would work well in either situation. If you're willing to fork out the extra cash, having the extra power afforded by the XIGMATEK 1000W wouldn't hurt. Especially if you ever decide to do a GTX 295 SLI setup. ;)

Here is the thing. It's going to cost me around $35.00 to ship it to them and around $35.00 to ship it back. Plus, the $160 for the PSU. Shouldn't I just buy a new one?

Damn! that would be $230 just to upgrade your PSU. It would be much cheaper just buying a new one. In that case, just wait until you decide on which way you're going with the video card setup.

I thought you said you loved me.....:(

Damn! that would be $230 just to upgrade your PSU. It would be much cheaper just buying a new one. In that case, just wait until you decide on which way you're going with the video card setup.

The thing is I can't do anything without a power supply upgrade. My 650 watt cannot handle a GTX 295. It cannot handle 2 GTX 260 in SLI either. It depends on the price of the new PSU. The more I save, the easier it is to buy/upgrade a new card.

no homo i love you too rohan. :) its all good. See this what happens when we have a lack of girls on the forum...

Back
Top Bottom