Power Supply Trouble (I think)

mike90t09

Baseband Member
I recently finished building my first gaming computer but came across a problem. The system would not turn on at all. I push the power button and the blue LED flickers then goes away. I did some research online and came to two conclusions:
My power supply is bad or
I have a short circuit.

I did the paperclip test on the power supply and it still didn't turn on. So I decided it was bad. I sent it back for a replacement and will get it soon. My question is if I get it back and it still doesn't work what should I do about the short circuit or any other problems you think I might have.

My power supply is a CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W.
My other specs just in case:
AMD Anthlon II X4 620 2.6GHz processor
GIGABYTE MA-GMT785-UD2H motherboard
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5

Thanks a bunch!

^I was just about to say check under the motherboard and make sure there isn't anything shorting it to the case...

I used the standoffs, the case (Thermaltake SopranoRS VG7000BWS) only came with three standoffs.

Some of the holes were raised up anyway(it looks like a metal hump), that might be it also, when you think about it, it's a stupid concept. But I've read reviews and people have gotten it to work.

Should I just buy more standoffs, or perhaps a better case?

i had those prebumps on my mine too i just put electricla tape over them
try building this computer on a piece of cardboard so you can narrow down the problems

Wow, I didn't even think of electrical tape. That's a really good idea, thank you, I will definitely try that. I am pretty sure that was the problem, those metal prebumbs in my case.

Back
Top Bottom