Power Supply Question

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371020

The only manufacturers I've seen who aren't too bad are Seasonic and PCP&C. They will probably tell you that it's not false advertising and that they aren't doing anything wrong. It's just a little misleading.

okay, so Antec does it too, but my point was that not "every manufacturer" does it, I used Antec as an example but could've used Corsair or PCP&P instead and my point would still stand...

PPC 420 80+, Active PFC, 12v30a (12x30=360watts)

But it does get bad reviews because it only has 3 Sata power connections and the sata wire for the connections are pretty short.

Corsair 450 80+, Active PFC, 12v33a (12x33=390watts)

More expensive but it does have six sata connections

Ok this was my previous post. All of those psu's put out accurate watts when you calculate the rail and amps. What rooster posted, the link has a thread where it shows you how to calculate every single rail.

But IMHO nothing under a 12v40a 80+ psu should be bought if looking to buy a gamer pc or even a low buget upgradable gamer pc. because it seems like TDP's of graphic cards and cpu's are just going to climb so it would be smart to be prepared for that.

Ok this was my previous post. All of those psu's put out accurate watts when you calculate the rail and amps. What rooster posted, the link has a thread where it shows you how to calculate every single rail.

But IMHO nothing under a 12v40a 80+ psu should be bought if looking to buy a gamer pc or even a low buget upgradable gamer pc. because it seems like TDP's of graphic cards and cpu's are just going to climb so it would be smart to be prepared for that.

Exactly why I went from Rosewill 450 Watt to this Antec 550 Watt. :D

AR; that's why I like Corsair so much - Typically single rails, and if not...A separate transformer for each rail.

And what do you mean "WHY NOTTT!?" I've bought lots through TigerDirect so I get a vast amount of coupons to save money with them. I will probably start shopping NewEgg when Tiger runs out of the things I buy. Their gaming selection is low, but it has what I want so why complain?

Corsairs aren't actually Corsairs. The VXs are manufactured by Channel Well, who also do the Xigmatek PSUs, the Thermaltake Toughpowers, the Xclios, and many more. The HXs are Seasonics of some kind.

The truth is that unless you're running dual liquid nitrogen overclocked quads, a couple of water cooled overclocked GTX295s and 50 HDDs, multiple rails vs a single rail doesn't really matter.

The truth is that unless you're running dual liquid nitrogen overclocked quads, a couple of water cooled overclocked GTX295s and 50 HDDs, multiple rails vs a single rail doesn't really matter.

Which almost no one ever does.

Looks like I'm going to be buying a new power supply. I think the one you (63083) suggested look good. I have a question, though. Do think it would work if I took out all of my hard drives and cd rom drives and put them in another computer? That way, my 280W power supply would just be used for the motherboard and the video card. The other peripherals, although attached via data cables, would be powered by a second computer. Granted that would make the computer twice as big...

http://www.computervitals.com/forum/wow_talk_mess-t4080.html
In some of the pics you can see that rig is two cases bolted together. It had two seperate power supplies.
One ran the motherboard, and the dvd drive. The other powered the Hard drives and the fans.
It can be done with two psu's as the common ground is made through the data cables.
I know it can be done and her name was DOUBLEWIDE PROJECT.

Back
Top Bottom