Power SUpply Problem

V8SplashMan

Baseband Member
Guys I installed the original power supply into my Gateway computer, and now it doesnt work.

The big fan turns on, the power supply fan turns on, the blue light turns on, but the monitor screen stays black only showing "ANALOG POWER SAVING MODE"

I just want the computer to work, and now I dont know if it's broken or what. Im pritty sure ive wired it right.

The motherboard is plugged in as well as everything else. But there are a few extra sockets un-used but I think it was like that before.

~K-Pow~ said:
Is the little switch on the back of yoru power supply set to 115V.

This depends on where u live. Europe and USA use different ones, so make sure it's set to the right one for u! If it's the wrong one, might go BOOOM!!

The Gateway does'nt have the video card i bought installed on it. I have the original power supply the computer came with installed, and you can not change the voltage, it's sett for the U.S only.

Well, make sure all connections are correctly and firmly attached. Is the onboard video enabled in the BIOS?

Might sound like an obvious question, but if you tried resetting the BIOS, did you put the jumper back on the right side?

i never was able to install the new graphics card, and i didnt change any settings in the BIOS.

Im guessing either the motherboard or power supply is fryed in some way. I must of messed it up somehow.

Mkae sure you didn't knock anything loose. Double check that all add-in cards, memory, etc. are fully seated. Make sure all drive cables are firmly connected.

Back
Top Bottom