power supply, PLEASE HELP!!!

mnplus1

Baseband Member
i was looking on the following link:
http://www.xoxide.com/assorted-power-supplies.html
i have a computer that needs two connetions from the power supply to the motherboard. the first connection is a 20 pin and then there is a 4 pin connection. on that link it says "Mainboard Form Factor: 20/24-pin Connector." what does that mean? also what if i have a power supply that has a 24 pin connection but a motherboard with only a 20 pin connection, will it still work?

any help is appreciated!!!

It has a main power connector that has a 24 pin connector which has a breakaway 4 pin section for the 20 pin style motherboards.

Most all PSUs also have the separate P4 4 pin power connector that connects to the motherboard

When looking for a PSU, its usually best to get one with a 20+4 pin connection, so that way there is room for error. It will work with either a 20 pin or a 24 pin mobo.

BTW, that brand PSU sounds really weird. I have never seen a 400W PSU go for that cheap, let alone a name like Random.

That's not the name of the PSU goofball. LOL!

They are random branded power supplies from "case pulls".

Lol, ok, I guess I didn't read the site. I wonder if they have a good cheap one that has more than 28A combined on 2 or more 12V rails...

so the one in the link will work with my comp. like it has a 20 pin connector and a 4 pin connector to the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom