Power Supply oppinions

lee42lee

Baseband Member
I am building a gaming system and need to know what power supply would be best. I have the new Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI board with the AMD FX-55 processor and 2 6800 Ultra graphic cards. I was looking at a Ultra X-Connect 500w power supply. I like this because you can unplug the wires you don't need to help keep the case clean. Is this a good psu or does anyone know of something better? Thanks for any help.

Yeah it looks godd i've heard some good opinions, but i'd go with summat with more juice, say 600 watts or more. rmember its an sli system, one ultra recommends a 480watt psu and ur using 2!!!

mek sure it has atleast 18A on the 12v rail!!!!! thats a defo requirement, i would recomend 25A an above!!!

ardy89 said:
Yeah it looks godd i've heard some good opinions, but i'd go with summat with more juice, say 600 watts or more. rmember its an sli system, one ultra recommends a 480watt psu and ur using 2!!!

ardy do they even make power supplies that will power 2x6800ultras properly? because those are what im planning to get and i dont want my computer running without enough power...thats an insane power amount that those things need

wtf dual 4500watters, they dont make em, well not for comps!!!! money_man u can get a 700 watt psu , that shud easily handle sli, but so will 600!!! up 2 you whether u wana b properly secure!!

Back
Top Bottom