Power Supply HELP!!

giddagorrilla

Beta member
I currently only have a 200w power supply and I'm trying to install a Radeon 9800, I know this needs at least 300w min. to run. Can anyone tell me if my Dimension 4300 is capable of a larger Power Supply. Any help would be great!!

yes any computer is capable of a larger PSU. you just unscrew it from the back and your done, or at least im pretty sure, maybe thats only after market cases

Don't get a cheap one because it might just blow up your computer and i don't mean the big * BOOOOOM* type too

O dont switch the switch on the back of your power.

I said to my friend dont do it, and what did he go and do, SWITCH IT

YOU LISTENING 99NASHA. fool bought a 600w supply for about £20!!! Got any money left over for ear plugs and a fire extinguisher?!!

Aint that just to switch it off or on? Or the other switch to switch between voltages? :p opps.....

Yeah, they should be replaceable rather easily. Some cases are built well so that you only have to unscrew and slide it out at the top. Though some odler cases are worse, and sometimes means taking out the motherboard (at least with my old one...ouch)

I have a 500w powersupply and do fine with that card and loads of components:)

what do you mean taking out the mobo? i better not have to fudging do that!!!!! im changing in like 1 week tops. if i do im getting the new case i want so i dont have to take out my mobo over and over again

Back
Top Bottom