Power Supply/Graphics Card Help

Yeah, id like to spend bestbuy card first. Probably tonight.
So, prolly going to buy the best card i can run for gaming.

Then save for power supply.

w/ past experience, go with the 8600GT if you're not going to upgrade your psu just yet.

i ordered a dell 531, and it had a 300W psu and an 8600GT inside.

so..idk. ive had the comp for a year. worked fine.

Yeah, the HD 4670 runs fine on my 300W PSU. As long as your CPU isn't uber amazing, it will have enough power.

My CPU is a AMD x2 4000+ 2.11GHz.

From what i see, the 4670 has real bad reviews?

Is there something wrong with this one?
VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD3650 OC 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card

Uses the express, so seems like im at least somewhat up to date.
300W Needed.
$84.99

BFG - GeForce 8600 GTS OC Graphics Card
This one?Says 375W and $219.99
-_-

I've heard good reviews too but I'm telling you buy the 8600gt you won't be upset.

From what i see, the 4670 has real bad reviews?

Is there something wrong with this one?
VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD3650 OC 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card

Uses the express, so seems like im at least somewhat up to date.
300W Needed.
$84.99

BFG - GeForce 8600 GTS OC Graphics Card
This one?Says 375W and $219.99
-_-

are you gonna be able to come out of pocket at all for any of this...? if so, how much...?

for $130 there is no way you'll get a good psu and decent gaming video card from BB, they're just too overpriced, my suggestion would be to get the 9600GSO, of the cards listed in this thread it will give you the best multimedia and gaming performance, and the OCZ 500w psu for $50 out of pocket ($30 of which you should receiver back in the MIR), even if you don't get the MIR, $50 is a good price for a reliable psu that will run just about any card you will want or may upgrade to (especially since you're not a heavy gamer and won't be spending $200+ on a high end gaming card), you could then use the remainder of the BB gift card for CDs, DVDs, etc...

I suggest the 9600GSO because once you start gaming, you may say to yourself "wow, this is pretty cool with a decent video card" and start gaming more (like I did), then you have a card that will play a lot of games with decent fps with the ability to upgrade later to a better mid range card because you have a psu that can handle just about any video card under $200, and $220 for a 8600GTS is absolutely criminal, you could get several video cards on Newegg that would double the fps of the 8600GTS for $150-$200...

just my .02...

I think i'll do the 9600GSO and that power supply.
Seems like a pretty good way to go since the 9600 is on a decent special.

Thanks for the help peeps.

Back
Top Bottom