Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #21
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379 View Post
wow bet you ould get bf2 at like 100fps lol
guess they where simple games like pacman
No I actually got most games pretty good at medium settings. This was in 2005, so they were games like San Andreas, COD2, and BF2.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #22
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
No I actually got most games pretty good at medium settings. This was in 2005, so they were games like San Andreas, COD2, and BF2.
wow , whAt ram and vid card ,
in 2005 ,i had a p2 400mhz 256mb sdram 7 and an 8gb hard drive 32mb vid
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
Solid State Member
 
Mikary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 19
Send a message via MSN to Mikary
Post Re: Power Supply

My current system specification (don't laugh):

Sony VAIO

Model Name
PCV-RZ422P

Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 1

Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3 GHz (Hyper-Threading) 800 MHz frontside bus

Chipset
Intel® 865PE

Hard Disk Drive
120 GB (7200 rpm)

Standard RAM
512 MB (256 MB x 2) PC2700 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM (Dual Channel DDR)

Maximum RAM
2 GB

Cache Memory
512 KB (on die)

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Chip with 128 MB DDR SDRAM

Floppy Disk Drive
3.5" 1.44 MB

Upper Disc Drive Bay
DVD±RW Drive

Lower Disc Drive Bay
DVD-ROM Drive

Modem
Internal v.92 Modem

Expansion Capabilities
Slot 1 (bottom): CNR Modem/PCMCIA Interface; Slot 2: TV Tuner Card; Slot 3: Open (PCI); Slot 4 (top): graphics card (AGP)

Power Supply
300W 220-240V

Power Management
ENERGY STAR® Compliant ACPI (Advanced Configuration & Power

Interface)

Dimensions of Desktop Unit
width x height x depth
203mm x 360mm x 371mm

Weight of Desktop Unit
14 kg

Blah blah other gibberish information cannot be bothered to type. =]
Mikary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #24
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikary View Post
My current system specification (don't laugh):

Sony VAIO

Model Name
PCV-RZ422P

Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 1

Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3 GHz (Hyper-Threading) 800 MHz frontside bus

Chipset
Intel® 865PE

Hard Disk Drive
120 GB (7200 rpm)

Standard RAM
512 MB (256 MB x 2) PC2700 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM (Dual Channel DDR)

Maximum RAM
2 GB

Cache Memory
512 KB (on die)

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Chip with 128 MB DDR SDRAM

Floppy Disk Drive
3.5" 1.44 MB

Upper Disc Drive Bay
DVD±RW Drive

Lower Disc Drive Bay
DVD-ROM Drive

Modem
Internal v.92 Modem

Expansion Capabilities
Slot 1 (bottom): CNR Modem/PCMCIA Interface; Slot 2: TV Tuner Card; Slot 3: Open (PCI); Slot 4 (top): graphics card (AGP)

Power Supply
300W 220-240V

Power Management
ENERGY STAR® Compliant ACPI (Advanced Configuration & Power

Interface)

Dimensions of Desktop Unit
width x height x depth
203mm x 360mm x 371mm

Weight of Desktop Unit
14 kg

Blah blah other gibberish information cannot be bothered to type. =]
how could i lagh , then is better than my current setup by far
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379 View Post
wow , whAt ram and vid card ,
in 2005 ,i had a p2 400mhz 256mb sdram 7 and an 8gb hard drive 32mb vid
Ehh I had a gig of RAM and a GeForce 6600 in there. I can't really tell much of a difference with low FPS though.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:30 PM   #26
Solid State Member
 
Mikary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 19
Send a message via MSN to Mikary
Question Re: Power Supply

Urgh, I need to configure all my settings to low on BF2 for my system, ALSO, I can't play Black and White 2, because it freezes every time during tutorial, so that was a waste of money/ruined Christmas. =[

And my rubbish internet connection is not helping.

Continuously disconnects me, ever so annoying.

'Broadband - always connected.'

Complete lies!

Scotland sucks with techology.
Mikary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #27
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikary View Post
My current system specification (don't laugh):

Sony VAIO

Model Name
PCV-RZ422P

Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 1

Processor
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3 GHz (Hyper-Threading) 800 MHz frontside bus

Chipset
Intel® 865PE

Hard Disk Drive
120 GB (7200 rpm)

Standard RAM
512 MB (256 MB x 2) PC2700 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM (Dual Channel DDR)

Maximum RAM
2 GB

Cache Memory
512 KB (on die)

Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Chip with 128 MB DDR SDRAM

Floppy Disk Drive
3.5" 1.44 MB

Upper Disc Drive Bay
DVD±RW Drive

Lower Disc Drive Bay
DVD-ROM Drive

Modem
Internal v.92 Modem

Expansion Capabilities
Slot 1 (bottom): CNR Modem/PCMCIA Interface; Slot 2: TV Tuner Card; Slot 3: Open (PCI); Slot 4 (top): graphics card (AGP)

Power Supply
300W 220-240V

Power Management
ENERGY STAR® Compliant ACPI (Advanced Configuration & Power

Interface)

Dimensions of Desktop Unit
width x height x depth
203mm x 360mm x 371mm

Weight of Desktop Unit
14 kg

Blah blah other gibberish information cannot be bothered to type. =]
that's not bad at all. Mine's very similar. I have a P4 3.0GHZ, I did have 512MB RAM when I got it last year but I now have 1.5GB. I'd say that's a decent system, mine suits me just fine and I'm probably not going to get rid of it anytime soon.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #28
Solid State Member
 
Mikary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 19
Send a message via MSN to Mikary
Question Re: Power Supply

If I upgraded and increased my RAM, what difference would it make?

Just speed?
Mikary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #29
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikary View Post
If I upgraded and increased my RAM, what difference would it make?

Just speed?
Yes. If you want any difference with graphics you'll need to upgrade your graphics card. Depending on how much RAM you add it can really make a difference. I'd say adding an extra 1GB will make a huge difference. When I went from 512MB to 1.5GB I noticed a huge performance jump. If you don't want to spend the money to upgrade an extra 1GB you could always just get another stick of 512, that should increase your performance pretty well too.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:03 AM   #30
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikary View Post
Urgh, I need to configure all my settings to low on BF2 for my system, ALSO, I can't play Black and White 2, because it freezes every time during tutorial, so that was a waste of money/ruined Christmas. =[

And my rubbish internet connection is not helping.

Continuously disconnects me, ever so annoying.

'Broadband - always connected.'

Complete lies!

Scotland sucks with techology.
with the broadband have you got aedsl filter on every phone extension in your house , that could be causing your internet probs and where abouts in scotland are you
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0