Power supply?

520 watts might be a bit too high even, but might as well for any other upgrades you might want to do :p

Thats only on a highly powerful PC with loads of components, and even dual video cards and dual processors :p The standard I'd say is about 450-500watt for a standard powerful system, and any more is over doing it, and even adding to heat levels since more is being wasted.

So it is actually good to check what your computer would need, and maybe giving it a bit more power, but not going over the top, to make sure no wastage is being made than normal.

One 7800gtx requires 400watts.
If your other components are top of the range, then I would go for at least 550watts, preferably 600+.

:p see the 7800gtx is a power monster, but dont forget thats 400w for system stabability not thats how much power one card takes all by itself.

money_man said:
:p see the 7800gtx is a power monster, but dont forget thats 400w for system stabability not thats how much power one card takes all by itself.

yeah if that was for one card it would be like one everything an OBERGALNESBUL amount of watts :p.

Chris

Kage said:
Thats only on a highly powerful PC with loads of components, and even dual video cards and dual processors :p The standard I'd say is about 450-500watt for a standard powerful system, and any more is over doing it, and even adding to heat levels since more is being wasted.

So it is actually good to check what your computer would need, and maybe giving it a bit more power, but not going over the top, to make sure no wastage is being made than normal.

FYI
A PSU will only put out the amount of power that is required at any given time, up to the total amount of it's capacity... There is no waste.
It only draws what is needed

Back
Top Bottom