power supplies

Half Evil

Golden Master
i want a gaming computer, but, im not sure what kind of power supply i need to get....how many watts do i need to get, with an amd processer, and an asus motherbored?

hmm it depends. It's going to be the Video card that will take the most power out of the system. These days I wouldn't go any lower than 450watt's if its a full fledged machine. Mines a 500watt's and runs perfectly. I wouldn't see for most computers why you'd need more than that, unles its powering lots and lots of devices like for instance a SLI board runing two video cards.
Even then, 500watts would probably be sufficent

Thats good but make sure your getting a quality PSU if your buying it at a store feel how heavy they are...the heavier the better

Yeah thats true, though I don't know why. Is it the materials or something?

no not always, Aluminum is lighter than steel, and most aluminum ones are better, if i were you I'd go and get urself an OCZ modstream 520w, just install and forget it, it wont give you any probs.

well. i have seen power supplies, that have fans in them, and the fans are neon....i want one of those, and the brand i think is aspire, and its 550 watts, should i go with aspire, cause i also wanna get the blue led fans

Back
Top Bottom