power saver probs

dude_se

Proper Legend
ive just been hit by some virus or something and ive managed to clean my system up. the only 2 problems are that a few of my standard toshiba startup items have disappeared from msconfig, such as the surround sound thing. i dont want to open them manually and i cant find an option to run on startup. if i put them in the startup folder it will open the program wont it? .. i just want some of the toshiba stuff to load in the taskbar on startup. the other problem is that my toshiba power saver doesnt work. ive tried re installing with no luck. it comes up with a 0x0 error and theres no option for it in power options :( .. the windows power options is crap and i want to change the cpu speed, etc. i dont want to re install just yet although i feel i may have to :(

edit: i just realised that avg and zone alarm have also gone from msconfig :S

Cant u uninstall the drivers before reinstalling them?

someone mentioned installing this here

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...sp?soid=616391

as it contains some modules that some of the tosh programs need to run (he said do it even if ur model isnt listed...)

Then he said try and reinstall the power management software. However from what ive read about this error, its a hard one to fix and only a format does it.

just seen ur edit, afraid it looks like the safest thing to do is a format :(

i installed that module before.... damn ill lose all my programs and wont have the files to re install them till next week... hmmm.

Guess u cud try a restore point? or will that restore the virus. Also u cud try repairing the OS. Wish could help more, i had to reformat pc few days ago, was a nightmare

no restore points since i made a new user :S ... and i dont have access to my recovery cd till next week. i could "get hold" of an xp cd but i dont think its worth it as i still have vista on my pc so i may have to use that for a bit :(

yh cheers for the help but this seems to be a lost cause. im on vista now and its better than i remembered. i think ill stay on this till next week, maybe going back on xp for the odd game or 2

Back
Top Bottom