Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default power problems. have to flip the breaker every time i want to turn on my computer.

hello. i have been in the IT field for about 10 years now and have never had this kind of issue.
nor can i find any forums about this type of issue.
every time i turn off my tower i half to flip the breaker in the back of the PSU press the power button and it shows all the fans start running for a second then flip the PSU back on then i can turn on the computer. and once its on it will stay on with no issues. i can restart the computer (odd this mother board when you reboot it shuts down everything waits 2 seconds then turns back on) with out it turning doing it but once its off i have to do the same thing.
another power supply i tied did the same thing but was only every 2 or 3 times i powered the computer on.

Specs
aztek 500w psu, and xclid 500w currently using
intel core 2 quad q9550, 2.83ghz 1333fsb 12MB L2
4GB ddr3 1.033ghz
intel DP45SG motherboard.
ati 4890
x2 750 gig drives not raided
i won't to into too much spec details but i think it might be my mother board since i have tried using 2 different power suplys.

anyways any help would be greatly appreciated and i can live with this issue but it gets really annoying.

thanks in advanced.

imnotahippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: power problems. have to flip the breaker every time i want to turn on my computer

Have you tried plugging into a different wall outlet on a different circuit? I had similar issues with my PC when it was plugged into a crappy outlet. Put it in a different room for a couple days to see if anything changes.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: power problems. have to flip the breaker every time i want to turn on my computer

yeah i have. i work about 3 hours away so i take it between 2 different houses every week. been doing this for a few months now. i did notice that when i turn it on and it does not come up all the fans furn on to max speed. when it turns on properly the fans run normally.
imnotahippie is offline   Reply With Quote