Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHz - Worth it?

tk26

Solid State Member
Hey guys well im in the market to buy a new computer and I was looking at the Power Mac's for anyone that doesn't know the specs here they are...

Dual-core 2GHz PowerPC G5 processor
1GHz frontside bus per processor
1MB L2 cache per core
512MB of 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-4200)
160GB Serial ATA hard drive
16x SuperDrive (double-layer)
Three open PCI-Express expansion slots
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE with 128MB GDDR SDRAM

I was wondering if your reccomend this computer, I am using it mainly for music (itunes), digital photograhy, school work, minor gaming, stuff like that. I was leaning towards mac because i have been told their great for digital photography and that that are less suseptable to viruses is this true? I have read mostly good things about mac's, what do you guys think?

PS: I have a question the 16x SuperDrive (dual layer) this is a dvd burner right? How does it work? I don't know much information on them

Your "superdrive" wont work with this mac. At least i dont think so. And a Mac is less likely to get a virus. But still for what ever gaming you do, get a PC. Although thats a nice computer. It's most games use Direct X9c. And i dont beleive that Mac has that though.

But im not the smarest here, so wait for someone else before you make a decision.

tk26 said:
Hey guys well im in the market to buy a new computer and I was looking at the Power Mac's for anyone that doesn't know the specs here they are...

Dual-core 2GHz PowerPC G5 processor
1GHz frontside bus per processor
1MB L2 cache per core
512MB of 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-4200)
160GB Serial ATA hard drive
16x SuperDrive (double-layer)
Three open PCI-Express expansion slots
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE with 128MB GDDR SDRAM

I was wondering if your reccomend this computer, I am using it mainly for music (itunes), digital photograhy, school work, minor gaming, stuff like that. I was leaning towards mac because i have been told their great for digital photography and that that are less suseptable to viruses is this true? I have read mostly good things about mac's, what do you guys think?

PS: I have a question the 16x SuperDrive (dual layer) this is a dvd burner right? How does it work? I don't know much information on them

Superdrives, info here

Apples are very stable, and what your doing, I would suggest. But you can do all that with the PC. Macs do have great music and digital photography skills though, but most games don't work with Apples, :(

Macintoshes that are using OS X are now Unix based. So, not only will you be able to run Macintosh software, but you'll be able to run Linux and Unix based software as well.

Back
Top Bottom