Power help

Xidash

Beta member
Hey guys, I would love if someone could help me with an issue that just sprang up with my system. I bought a custom rig online in Jan 2008, and it's been running fine since. There was a power outage today, and like a jerk I don't have a back up battery. Anyway, I wasn't home, so I'm not sure what happened exactly, but now when I try to power the sucker on it juices up for roughly 5 seconds, then powers down on its own, only to power back on by itself after another 2 seconds. It will continue this until I switch off the power supply.

Unfortunately I don't have my manuals handy as I just moved, but the Mobo is an ASUS P5K64 ws. All of the fans are spinning while it's powered, and the case lights are on. Nothing was touched or moved, so I'm sure nothing has become unseated.

I tried another power supply to no avail, which leaves me to believe it's the Mobo or the CPU. The fan is definitely on though, so I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention I do not get any beeps at all when I try to power on with everything plugged in. Although when I unplugged the power to the video card I got a loud, super long beep.

I'm not too knowledgable on the Bios, but would that be removing the small battery on the Mobo and putting it back in? I did that...

I tried booting up with the BIOS battery removed, and I got a single beep and no power cycling. I powered back down, replaced the BIOS battery and it seems good to go. I'll let you guys know if it's all good.

Alright, I'm posting from the downed rig, thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom