potential new desktop

Crysis? Most likely not. That card is worth about ~$90 these days, I think to play games like Crysis you need to spend at least ~$150 on a videocard (not that price = quality).

I also edited my post multiple times check it again, lol.
lol me to...

teh hell with editing, that PSU i listed in my biuld, is out of stock, i see no ETA for it, so heres a good replacement lol

for 10$ more.

OCZ XStream 600W

Honestly, you could probably play Crysis on that card at maybe the lowest settings and lowest resolution.

Crysis Kills.

for one thing, you dont need that V8 heat sink unless you live in the desert, or overclock your processor, and second, ditch that sound card, its a waste, most new Mobos have great sound already.

AMD is what i would think you would want for a good gaming biuld.

Phenom II 955 BE 180$ good choice

M4a78T-E Mobo 130$ good choice

DDR3 OCZ Gold 1600 96$ good choice

5850 DX11 1GB DDR5 260$ very good choice

550W Corsair PSU 80$, 60 after Mail in Rebate. pretty sure the Antec EarthWatts got good reviews, but CORSAIR is probably the most reliable PSUs you can get, personally I only use OCZ or CORSAIR

Antec 900 100$ Antec makes quality cases.

Logitec Wave Keyboard/mouse 85$ ( have it, love it) i still don't see non-gamers should be spending this much on keyboards :p good mouse though

Plextor Dvd Drive 45$

Western Digital Caviar Blue AAKS 640GB 70$ ( i honestly dont see the use for 1TB but thats me i say go 1TB, the spinpoint f3s are great and hard drives arent that expensive, its like $10 for 360GB more space

Hanns G 28in LCD Monitor 310$ $110 extra for 3 inches more? your choice, Hanns-G makes good monitors though

I dont think i missed anything.
All that for roughly 1350$

with Windows 7 64 Bit 190$ Windows 7 for tech-builders is only $109 OEM or $190 for ultimate. I'll post link after the quote

comes to 1546$.

Has a better Screen, ton better video card, this PC will last you for a good amount of years to come.

^^ See the red text, my comments on his post ^^

WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT $109.99

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT $189.99

Always be sure to get the Windows for System Builders OEM version if you are building your own computer. You get a great deal on it.

I don't see why anybody would need any Ultimate version of Windows, but your choice.

Good luck finding a 5870 or 5850 in stock by the way, what I do is put Auto-Notify on it then quickly rush and order them before they sell out again when I get the e-mail.

I apologize for my posting style by the way! (wall-of-texts and constant edits).

cool, thank you for the help computear and sniperviper.

So I'm going to sell my PALiT NE/960TSX0252 GeForce 9600GT SONIC.

What do you think I should ask for? $100?

omg i forgot about the system pack W7
fml lol

but just a thought to put out there,

you could put 2 of those Blue 640 AAKS drives in Raid 0 and own some SSDs lol!

if i ever get money, thats what um doing lol.

hells no!

lol

id ask like 70 bucks since it is pre owned, even if you never used it, if at all.
and if its a person thats not tech savey, try 100 haha.

I say throw it on eBay over a weekend. People tend to pay for what things are worth. Probably get $70+ for it.

I wouldn't ask for more than $80 for a used 9600GT, and even that might be pushing it.

Get what you can for it though.

for one thing, you dont need that V8 heat sink unless you live in the desert, or overclock your processor, and second, ditch that sound card, its a waste, most new Mobos have great sound already.

nice sing url...

but i guess you didnt read.

That was already addressed

Back
Top Bottom