Super Pi was originally used to break the world record for the number of decimal places of Pi found (3.4......). This program was then released to the general public. It can work out the amount of time it takes for Pi values between 16k and 32million. It works out Pi in 'iterations', or loops, and gives you the time as you go along. If your PC is unstable, it will say Not Exact in Round.
Super Pi Mod, which can be downloaded here
improves on Super Pi by giving the time to 3 decimal places, rather than the nearest number of seconds. Many world-known benchmarkers use this version of Super Pi.
To run Super Pi, extract the Zip, install it, and then open it up. You will have no times on the first page (it will show your fastest time for each calculation). On the toolbar, press calculate, and a dialog box will appear (the one below). Click the arrow and you will see this :
Select 1m, and click OK. A message will come up, and press OK to that. It will then calculate Pi. When it finishes, a dialog box saying "Pi Calculation is Done" or something like that will appear". Take a screenie of your time, and post it here.
I will keep a leaderboard below, so please post your specs along with the screenie of your time below!
(Mods, I think this topic could become quite popular like the others because it is a world recognised benchmark. Sticky if possible? Cheers)
1. Ge007 - 31.656 - A64 @ 2.7, Twinmos CH5 DDR400 @ 270MHz, DFI sli-d, Stock hsf
2. prosser13 - 34.156 - AMD 3000+ @ 2621mhz, 1GB TwinMOS RAM, Abit AX8
3. timmy - 36.468 - Dell XPS Gen2 notebook, 1gig DDR2 RAM, Pentium M @ 2.13ghz, 6800 Ultra Go
4. malbuck87uk - 38.766 - 2Ghz Pentium M, 1GB RAM, Laptop (?) Fujitsu Siemens.
5. kyleman999 - 43.562 - AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton (running @ 2.26GHz - about 3200+),Ausus A7N8X mobo,1gb (2x512) DDR PC3200, Volcano 12+ CPU Fan,Overclocking Ki
6.owange - 45.328 - Athlon XP @ 2345mhz, 1 GB OCZ Plat. Rev.2 TCC5 ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe
7. mech - 46.500 - P4 3.0GHz HT 800MHz FSB (stock, not OC'd), 1GB (2x512 Dualies), P4P800 Socket 478.
((((8=. abowlofrice - 48 - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Clawhammer, ECS K8T890,1 gig (2x512) Corsair XMS CMX-550))))
(((8=. Oska - 48.610 - ........)))
10. zoomtm - 49.594 - AMD XP-M @ 2400mhz (200 x 12)
11. Computergen - 54.062 - athlon 64 3000+, 1gb ram, 6800LE,
12. mammikoura - 55.526 - Pentium 4 3.0ghz (Northwood), 512mb DDR RAM
13. kev - 59.475 - Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8ghz, Abit VT7, 1GB GeIL
14. Marxsoccer - 2mins 30.468 - P4 2.0ghz, integrated video, 512mb ram
Please note, if your score is in brackets of the following problems has occured :
A) You haven't given your score to 3 d.p.
B) You haven't posted a proper screen shot of your score, i.e. mech
C) You have used the normal version of Super Pi, i.e. abowlofrice
D) You haven't posted your spec
Please correct this and post up a new post with the alterations, and edit out of your last post screenies, times, etc, everything apart from comments. Cheers!