Post your rigs here.

Nice post Smart guy.
I don't however believe that it has anything to to with the PSU not being SLI compatible.
If it works fine after the crash and she can play all kinds of games, it's unlikely the PSU.

But yeah, make a new tread. This is for showing off builds. (yeah i know, i was kinda the one starting it :hide:)

Hmm, good point. Not mentioning playing fine after those crashes, got me confused.

What I had in mind anyways was the distribution of power on the +12v rails. I think that powerful PSU's are still not good enough for some video card settings without having good +12v rails. Just a thought tho, and that is why I suggested checking it out.

Last edited:
Um, you missed an "r" there heh :)

You don't need more sweetness :D

I LOVE soda. I do take the advices of others with appreciation tho. My advice is to consume whatever you want but in moderation :)

I didn't really say anything, but I like your sense of appreciation... and you're welcome :)

Does it happen with blue screens? If yes, try to catch the code that comes at the end of the screen. If your computer is personally custom built, e.g. no warranty void if opened, try re-sitting all internal parts you can reach. Also if you have other spare RAM sticks, try them. I'm not familiar with the brand you're using. Last time I did the same, the RAM was not in the compatibility list and I had similar crashes, so I replaced it and things went fine. Don't replace directly, try others first.

Make sure about the PSU compatibility for SLI too. I can't say more about it, but it seems to be something to look out for because you're using two heavy duty video cards.

I suggest starting a new thread in the technical sections to get more responses.

Best of luck :)

yup it is custom built. took me alot of time to run about from shop to home and making alot of calls T_T. checked my PSU (have just learnt how to hyberlink. haha~)with the computer shop and they were willing to change it for me too :angel: it is compatible >_< and i have re-sited and re applied thermal paste too ^_^. will be monitoring and if i have any problems i will open a thread as advised >_< thank you

Don't know what that could be, but iu am sure it's just a software problem. If you are running win7, consider formatting to Win8.
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure Micro$oft have made some dumb decisions in that version of Windows, but you can just ignore it and/or install 3-party software that fixed it.
When i install Win8, i make sure to create a public user account instead of a live account. You can do that by not having internet when setting windows up after installation. Then i install Classic shell as a 3-party start menu.
I also install ribbon disabler for windows 8. I don't like those ribbons in a explorer window. Sure you can minimize them, but you can still see the "file", "home" and share buttons.
Like so
Ribbon minimized: http://cdn8.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/image101.png
Ribbon Disabled: http://media.askvg.com/articles/images3/Windows_8_Explorer_Ribbon_Removed.png

Thank you too for your advice. I am using windows 8.1>_< but i will do more searching and reading as I am still new to this part :hide: but i dont understand why a public account then live >_< will take take action on your advice>_< if i face any problems i will start a new thread like Smart_Guy suggested >_< thank you all~

yup it is custom built. took me alot of time to run about from shop to home and making alot of calls T_T. checked my PSU (have just learnt how to hyberlink. haha~)with the computer shop and they were willing to change it for me too :angel: it is compatible >_< and i have re-sited and re applied thermal paste too ^_^. will be monitoring and if i have any problems i will open a thread as advised >_< thank you

Eeek, you replaced the PSU?

I hope it was not so much trouble. I meant to check it out only. Sorry about that :(

Motherboards usually provide monitoring software. That would be a good start to monitor stuff.

Here's my girlfriend (as my wife likes to call it). The CPU and GPU are a little long in the tooth but you can't upgrade without the money to do so.

My Rig: SABLE

Antec 300 Illusion case with additional 120mm fan mounted on the side
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W PSU
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition CPU
Gelid Tranquillo CPU cooler
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD (OS drive)
Samsung 840 120GB SSD (Games drive)
WD Black 750GB HDD (Apps/Storage drive)
WD Green 1TB HDD (Downloads drive)
WD Red 3TB HDD (Media drive)
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ultimate x64-bit
Func MS3 Mouse
Mionix Propus 380 mousing surface
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mechanical Keyboard

Oh yeah, this thread exists. I completely forgot. Now that I built my PC, I can post it here. Here we go!

CPU- Intel Core I5 4690K (OC to 4.6Ghz)
CPU Cooler- Corsair H105 CLC
MOBO- Asus Z97- AR
RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (1866 Mhz CL 9)
SSD- Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB
CASE- Phanteks Enthoo Pro
PSU- EVGA SuperNova 750 G2

In the near future I will be buying a WD Black 2TB for games and media, as well as a Gigabyte Geforce 970 G1 Gaming. Talk you all later. :)

Back
Top Bottom