Post your 3DMark01SE, 3DMark03, and 3DMark05 Scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
money_man said:
lol if you say so. i seem to remember metal gear solid 2. which was the best graphic game of its time for consoles. also nintendo is the one capable of the most graphics, although they dont use it to its full potential

Haha...Metal Gear Solid 2 was pretty nice, until Xbox came along with it's uber cool Splinter Cell series. I can't wait till Chaos Theory comes out...it's gonna be awesome how you can use knife attacks, configure your SC-20K into a Shotgun or use some new moves. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater wasn't as good of a game as many thought it would be. But, the MGS series is still pretty fun.

Tokinbudz said:
Goto regedit and then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak. Then goto the top of the screen and select Edit/New/Dword value, and then call it Coolbits. Then highlight it and goto Edit/Modify and change the hex number to 3. It should say Coolbits under name and 0x00000003 (3) under Data. Then goto video card properties and a new option will be there called Clock Frequency. I suck at explaining things through typing so if it doesnt work pm me and ill try explain it better.

So what does this tweak do? Does it OC the card? Will i need extra cooling for that? I am just worried and i dont wanna f*k my new system for a little extar performance, ya know...

d_source said:
So what does this tweak do? Does it OC the card? Will i need extra cooling for that? I am just worried and i dont wanna f*k my new system for a little extar performance, ya know...

Thats understandable........what it does is gives you the clock frequency setting under properties/settings/advanced/Geforce 6600GT. It allows you to manually overclock the card, also it lets you test each setting to see if itll accept it or not, which is cool. Msi makes good cards so I wouldnt worry about extra cooling......i have an Asus version and I can OC upto 580/1.16 with no problems so i would suggest start at 550/1.10 and go up gradually, im guessing youll end up around 570/1.14 area at least.

just google coolbits and download the file and install in the registry. A lot easier if you ask me.

Thanks for the info. Now heres another question...will OCing the card make it wear out faster over time, will it break down faster due to overuse? (Am i making any sense?)

Is there a separate Coolbits version for PCIe cards vs AGP cards? Or is the same program used.

its the same for pci-e and agp. Coolbits is only for nvidia only. If you are going to OC ATI ust ATItool

I searched the temp of my GPU and it says its running at 42C. Is that really hot? I havent even OC'd it yet. Whats the max that it can go to before starting to be unsafe? How about for my processor? (currently running at 33C ~ 92F)

money_man said:
i just got 7640 on 3dmark03 with my new set-up!! go me!

actually i have to fix what i said. i got 7460 on 3dmark03 with the 71.84 Nvidia drivers. i got rid of those because they were crashing during CSS and running really crappy. i got some older ones 66.81 and they brought my mark up to 7682. thats not o/c as you can probably tell and still have my crappy 512mb pc2700 ram and 300w psu. this card on my system will play doom 3 on high with a slight lag here or there, thats amazing considering its not getting enough power. could anyone hint to a better driver or would you say to keep this one?

d_source said:
I searched the temp of my GPU and it says its running at 42C. Is that really hot? I havent even OC'd it yet. Whats the max that it can go to before starting to be unsafe? How about for my processor? (currently running at 33C ~ 92F)

my gpu is running at around 52 after getting off doom 3 or CSS and at only 46-47 degrees just sitting there. so i dont think your too bad at all. as for the CPU im running idle at around 37 degrees so your still doing good, then again im using stock heatsink and fan and artic silver ceramique paste. and no other fans at all except video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom